Dr. Jasmine Kuan, PT, DPT
A native of New York City, Jasmine received her Bachelor of Business Administration in International Marketing from Baruch College in 2002 and received her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Mercy College in 2017. Jasmine was an active member of the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) serving as her class APTA representative.
Currently, Jasmine owns a concierge physical therapy business in New York City providing one on one customized service. Jasmine utilizes an individualized patient care approach with a focus on manual therapy, optimizing movement, and patient education to help patients return to doing what they love. She places a strong emphasis on getting to know her patients in order to create a personalized approach and achieve long-term patient success. Post graduation, Jasmine was employed at Spear Physical Therapy in New York City, ranked Nation’s top physical therapy practice by APTA in 2016-2017. Jasmine completed her clinical rotations in multiple settings including the Orthopedic Physical Therapy Center at Hospital of Special Surgery, LIU rehabilitation with a focus on IPA manual therapy techniques, and Mt Sinai’s St Luke’s Roosevelt in the neurological intensive care unit (NICU). Jasmine is dedicated to honing her manual skills, performance training, and continuing her education to provide the best care possible.
Prior to her career in physical therapy, Jasmine’s first career was in the advertising industry, which has lead her to consult for various businesses in the physical therapy and, health and wellness industry. Jasmine has worked on corporate accounts such as American Express, Sprint, Unilever, Burger King, HSBC, CIGNA, and Novartis.
Jasmine has been a yoga practitioner focusing on alignment and breathing techniques for 9 years and a background in personal training for 10 years, which she readily applies to her patient care. She has also recently begun a meditation practice to improve self-care and wellness. Jasmine is an avid outdoors enthusiast with a passion for snowboarding, hiking, cycling, and scuba diving. Currently, Jasmine is training with kettlebells to incorporate into her practice and learning to improve her swimming technique. In her free time, Jasmine enjoys adventure traveling, and cooking.
• Herman and Wallace Pelvic Floor 1 2018
• Stuart McGill III: High Performance Training, Progressing backs from pain to performance
• Stuart McGill II: Assessment of the back pained patient to obtain a precise diagnosis 2017
• Stuart McGill I: Building the Ultimate Back from Rehabilitation to Performance 2017
• Maitland II Essential Spine 2017
• Institute of Physical Arts, PNF: Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation 2016
• Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) level 1 Certification 2016
• IASTM Rockblades Certification 2016
• Institute of Physical Arts, CFS: CoreFirst Strategies 2015
• NASM – CPT Certified Personal Trainer, CES Corrective Exercise Specialist
• Virayoga 100 hour yoga immersion