How Physical Therapy Can Help Your Rotator Cuff Tear

Rotator Cuff Tear.jpeg

50% of people over the age of 80 have a rotator cuff tear.  That's crazy to think about isn't it?  We're so used to thinking about a rotator cuff tear as such a painful, limiting diagnosis that oftentimes requires surgery.  Sometimes it is painful and limiting - but did you know 2/3 of tears are asymptomatic.   

Only 5% of people with rotator cuff tears have surgery.  Where does that leave the other 95%?  

In recent years, we've found that outcomes of treating patients with Physical Therapy for their rotator cuff tears is close to equal to those of surgery - and the outcomes are long-lasting...

Do your patients know this?  

Educate them.

Here's how...

continue reading...